Think you have to give up bread once you’ve transitioned into the ketogenic lifestyle? Think again. You can have your bread, and eat it too, it will just be made with different, good for you, ingredients! And guess what?! You can make this recipe in under 1 hour start to finish and it’s only 5 ingredients. Pretty awesome right?!
Ok, here we go. Go grab this stuff:
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup Almond Flour (I used Kirkland Brand from Costco)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
Now, let’s mix all the stuff together :
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees
- Add all of the egg whites into a mixing bowl, and the yolks into a separate mixing bowl.
- Add cream of tartar to the egg whites and beat with a hand mixer until firm peaks form.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl with the egg yolks. Mix to combine. Fold in 1/3 of the egg whites until fully combined. Add remaining egg whites.
- Pour into a loaf pan lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let your keto break cool for 10 minutes prior to removing from the pan.
Boom! You just made BOMB keto bread and its only 1.5g net carbs per slice!
Macros are based on slicing the loaf into 8 slices.
Serving Size = 1 slice
Calories – 237
Net Carbs 1.5g
Thank you to Delish for this awesome recipe!